It’s September! So lets bring on the sweaters, boots, Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING (yes, I am that girl!), and a complete overhaul of our fall skin care routines.
Wait, did that last one take you by surprise?
Maybe the thought of changing up your beauty regime with every new season never crossed your mind. Well, consider me your fairy godmother of beauty and let me bippity-boppity-boo transition you to your all-new fall skin care regime.
Once upon a time, I too was a believer that skincare was a one-size-fits-all deal. There was no deviation from my summer routine! When the temps got cooler, with the exception of a few spray tans here and there, my routine never varied. But ladies, the reality is that your skin NEEDS a little extra when the leaves start to change. From crisper, drier air to repairing unavoidable damage from Summer, your skin deserves the same (if not more!) attention than your wardrobe. And being one who believes in fighting for all of women kind, I have tested a few products and compiled an easy 5-step regime to fabulously gorgeous fall skin.
And the fall skin care finalists are:
- Fresh Soy Cleanser– Over the last year I have become a HUGE fan of Fresh products. I have found that this brand never feels heavy or gross, and my skin is on the sensitive side and it still loves this. It is one piece of the puzzle that never changes with the season. It is perfect for days I wear a lot of makeup and need a little extra help to remove it. (PS this is also the cleanser our model of the moment, Syd, uses!)
- Clarisonic Mia 2 – I am truly a believer that everyone (women and men) need to own a Clarisonic. Some may scoff at the price, or claim there are alternatives that work just as well, but in reality this is one of the most worthy investments you can make. I have been able to get by with less effective products because of this brush.
- Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Face Oil– I have to tell you that face oils scared me at first because they brought back visions of the oily skinned middle school years. The last thing I wanted was to have my time intensive contour slide off faster than a mudslide on a California hillside. But after receiving this product as a sample, I became a believer. No greasy feelings but I do have a pretty healthy glow after applying. A big plus is you can apply heavier when needed or lighter during the warmer months or in areas with humidity.
- Do Not Age with Dr. Brandt Eye Cream– It wasn’t till my 30s and having tiny humans that I become a devout eye cream junkie. And oh how I have tried a gazillion of them! This eye cream has seriously been a life saver since moving to a higher altitude (and it’s also a life saver for our editor Judy too).
- Magnetight Age-Defier Mask– This mask is newer product and I am a sucker for revolutionary products. I was hooked after just one use. After traveling for over a month the texture of my skin needed help and this did the trick! I will say there are a few steps to it BUT it is perfect for a weekly spa night.
Side note: Missing from this list is sunscreen. YES, you even need it in Fall and Winter. But I plan to devote an entire post to just that subject so stay tuned.
There you have it my fabulously beautiful ladies: a quick an easy fall skin care routine to adopt this new season. Remember always remove your makeup at night and drink plenty of water because the secret to flawless makeup is beautiful skin.