Steal This Look: Fastest Girl in Town
Hi Everyone! I’m Adrienne from the blog Midwestern Belle. I started my blog on the spur of the moment during a trip to Austin, Texas. I thought it would be a fun way to share pictures and stories from my trip to the Lone Star State, so I created a blog, wrote my first post, and clicked “Publish”! That was over a year ago, and since then it’s turned into a platform for me to share my 20-something life here in the fly over states.
I’m so excited to guest blog here at Western Glamour today, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to share a little “outfit inspiration” from Miranda Lambert’s new video for her single the ‘Fastest Girl in Town.’ The song has been one of my favorites since I got her latest CD, Four the Record, and I love how she teamed up with NASCAR driver Danica Patrick for another outlaw rebel girl music video starring both a high-speed car chase and some rockin’ Western wear.
From Miranda’s concho belt to Danica’s Old Gringo boots, I took bits and pieces of both ladies’ outfits to put together a ‘Fastest Girl in Town’ inspiration board. So, if you’d like to recreate the look and drive (speed?) into the sunset in a vintage car – check it out!
1. Girl Talk from Nicole by OPI is a great shade for fall… and it matches Miranda’s nail color in the video.
2. I loved Miranda’s concho belt, but I decided to kick it up a notch (sorry, no pun intended) with this Denim & Supply belt.
3. Danica’s leather shorts are really cool, so I had to add these leather shorts from theoutnet.com to the collection. What a good way to stretch ‘shorts season’ into the fall, especially when you pair them with cowboy boots.
4. I’ve been seeing denim shirts pop up everywhere lately! In case you missed it, Western Glamour recently shared an amazing spread from the August 2012 Elle that was jam-packed full of denim. (Too bad I got rid of that denim shirt I wore back in 8th grade…) And, taking a cue from Danica’s music video ensemble, I found this denim shirt from Free People.
5. Last but not least are these awesome boots, the Mini Belinda from Old Gringo. They’re the exact pair Danica rocks in the video!
Finish the look with a long, multi-layered necklace, gold statement cuff, and loose, beachy waves. And there you have it! A complete outfit inspired by the “Fastest Girl in Town,” minus those pesky police lights shining through your back window.
I had so much fun putting this look together, and thanks so much to Western Glamour for having me!